SRP Wants Ductwork Repairs To Be The Following:
- Repair any major duct system deficiencies examples: disconnected, crushed, restricted or poorly supported ductwork.
- Replace equipment door panel seals as needed or seal equipment panels with UL-181 foil tape.
- Seal all electrical and refrigerant penetrations through equipment.
- Mechanically fasten and seal the connection between the air handler and plenums.
- Mechanically fasten and seal all supply and return plenum seams and end caps.
- Mechanically fasten and seal the connection between take-off collars and the supply and return plenums.
- Mechanically fasten and seal the inner liner of all supply and return ducts to take-off collars.
- Mechanically fasten and seal all duct-to-duct connections, seams, sectioned metal elbows, branch T’s, Y’s and L’s.
- Mechanically fasten and seal inner liner of all supply and return ducts to supply boots and return boxes. The inner liner may be sealed from inside the living space.
- Insulate any exposed ductwork and replace any insulation removed or pulled aside.
- Ensure all supply boots are fastened to framing material with screws or roofing nails.
- Seal all gaps between the subfloor, wall or ceiling and the supply boots and return boxes.
- Seal all seams of each supply boot and each return box.
- Seal all panned returns and return air chases from lower floor walls to the attic.
- Seal all equipment platforms in closets or garages.
- Duct static readings are recorded both before and after any duct repairs.*
Rebate Details and Requirements:
- Must be a permanent SRP residential electric customer with a central air conditioner system or heat pump.
- New construction homes and evaporative coolers are ineligible.
- Duct test and qualified repairs must be completed by a Duct Test & Repair contractor.
- Test and all repairs must be completed by April 30, 2017.
- Must allow SRP or our agent to inspect repairs, upon request, to verify compliance with all rebate requirements.
APS Duct Test & Repair Rebate
|REBATE||REBATE AMOUNT||AIR LEAKAGE TEST|
|DUCT SEALING||UP TO $200/system||NOT REQUIRED|
|DUCT TEST AND REPAIR||UP TO $400/system||REQUIRED|
APS Rebate Guidelines:
- current APS residential customer
- applies to existing homes, not new homes
- provide copy of paid invoice
- participating contractor must submit rebate application within 6 months of job completion date